Auto Insurance in Iowa

Car insurance is required if you own a car and you intend to drive it on the road. You need insurance that covers your your home state’s minimums, and you also want insurance that offers the extra protection for you to feel comfortable as a driver. We at Kerndt Brothers Insurance Agency in Lansing, Waukon, Decorah, and West Union can most definitely assist you with that.

State Requirements for Vehicle Insurance

From Moped to Semi’s, Boats, snowmobiles and UTV/ATV’s, If you use your vehicles on public roads, liability insurance is required by all states. This coverage pays medical bills for people you may have injured in a car accident as well as damage to their vehicle and their personal property. Each state requires a minimum amount of coverage for liability insurance and that amount differs by state.

Additional Coverage

Our agents are here to help you tailor an insurance policy that will give you peace of mind so that you can drive and breathe easy. We also translate “insurance speak” into easy-to-understand terms. You may need additional insurance coverage if you borrowed money from a bank to buy the vehicle. These coverages include Collision and Comprehensive. Both are designed to fix your car. Other available options include underinsured motorist, uninsured motorist, medical, emergency roadside assistance, towing, and rental reimbursement.

Contact us as Kerndt Brothers Insurance Agency (or just click on "Start here") when you are ready for a quote for any kind of vehicle, whether you live in Lansing, Waukon, Decorah, and West Union.